Leave the city behind and escape to the Township of Brock. Deemed Ontario’s smallmouth bass capital, this getaway offers beautiful and quaint countryside delights with century-old architecture for visitors to enjoy each season. Located on the scenic shoreline of Lake Simcoe and the Trent-Severn Waterway, this family friendly community is brimming with recreational activities. In the summer months, spend the day fishing, boating, exploring the extensive trail network or soak up the sun and relax on one of Brock’s public beaches. You can also step back into history with its many heritage destinations. Make sure to book your museum tours in advance to ensure availability.
Something old – heritage stops:
- Beaver River Museum – museum that includes a log house and stone jail.
- Cannington Historical Society and Museum – 1860s cabin with original family artifacts, railway station and blacksmith shop.
- Sunderland and District Museum – historical articles and records.
- Brock Historic Cemeteries – learn about local history.
Something new – a cool place to stay:
- Grant House Bed and Breakfast – executive suites with private balconies.
- Shortiss Boutique Hotel – offers four private and unique suites in a newly renovated historical property.
- Fair Havens Family Camp – suites, guest rooms, housekeeping trailers and overnight camping sites.
- Summer Breeze Trailer Park – overnight camping sites.
- Trout Water Family Camping – overnight camping sites.
Something fresh – a local food experience or farm visit:
- Underground Bakeshop – fresh-made baked goods and fresh local items like honey and coffee.
Something you – a shop to find that perfect something:
- Downtown Beaverton and Cannington home decor shops.
- Downtown Beaverton and Cannington fashion stores.
See below for more things spring!
If you’re looking for beautiful blooms this spring, Groff Nursery and Market is a full service market selling everything from annuals, perennials, vegetables, fresh cut flowers, trees, shrubs and local artisan plus so much more.
Need a night out that’s next level? Whether you’re catching up with the girls, going for after-work appetizers or planning a date night, Tar’d and Feather’d will not disappoint.
Tar’d and Feather’d is a cozy cottage inspired pub that features amazing food, trivia nights and live music.